So within the make up industry at the moment there is a lot of high end foundations and me being me has never gone into the high end brand just can’t spend over £30 on a foundation that I hardly wear anymore. So in today’s post I will be talking about my top 5 drugstore foundations. Before I start talking about this I want to stress these are my favourites and what work for me as I have quite dry skin, not everyone’s skin is the same so these might not work for you.
For myself and my skin I am a very pale person I may as well be a ghost really and I find it incredibly hard to find a foundation that is my shade but also helps my dry skin as well because it’s so bad especially at this time of the year. Gotta love winter eh? These are not in any order at all it’s just what I’ve used over the years but also what suits my ghostly skin tone.
1. L’Oreal True Match now this has always been my favourite foundation. It makes my skin glow and does amazing coverage. I had gone of this about six months ago now as I found Rimmel but I think once my foundation does run out I may go back to this. It made me skin amazing and was the perfect shade. It is definitely buildable in coverage and comes in at an amazing price of £9.99!
2. Rimmel Lasting Finish. Now this is my current foundation and have been using this for about 4/5 months now and it is amazing! The only bad thing is I struggle to find a shade paler than ivory and sometimes it makes me look a bit orange but otherwise it’s amazing and very buildable with coverage and I cannot rate Rimmel more. The best thing is definitely the price at £8.29 a bottle!
3. L’Oreal Infallible. Now I got this foundation when it came out and I can say I was shocked at the coverage of this it is definitely a medium coverage but comes in so many different shades which is excellent for my pale skin but it does feel very cakey on my skin but there is so many different ones of these from actual foundation to the stick ones so I may try the stick one and do a review on it soon! It is an expensive one at £10.99.
4. Revlon Colourstay. This foundation will always have a little space in my drugstore heart. I had used this for years and years but honestly haven’t used it in over 2 years now but it has great coverage and doesn’t feel like your actually wearing make up. The only bad side to this one is the price at £12.99 which is quite expensive for a drugstore foundation.
5. Rimmel lasting finish Breathable. Now what drew me to this was in fact the breathable bit if I can wear make up that doesn’t feel like I am I’m there. Now with this it has great coverage but it has to be very buildable. I have my own review on this which will be up in a few weeks so don’t wanna say to much. It is definitely a great foundation and another reason I love Rimmel. The price is also very cheap at £8.99.
There is so many drugstore foundations out there. It is just finding them.
Leave a comment of any drugstore ones i should try or maybe even high end ones?
Till next time,